Short on Time? Try our Air Fryer Salmon.
If you’re a fan of seafood and cook it often at home, you know how simple a seafood dinner can be. Within 15 minutes you can have a beautiful, nutritious and satisfying meal on the table. But did you know you could get dinner on the table even faster?! Think of your air fryer as a seafood Instapot. Just set it and forget it!
Start with two 6 oz. Salmon filets, and pull out your favorite seasoning. We love this blackening seasoning that pairs perfectly with almost any fish.
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Sprinkle generously on both sides, followed by a light coating of olive oil or avocado oil. This seals in the seasoning. Preheat the air fryer to 400º. You’ll want to cook the salmon for 8-10 minutes. And cha-cha-cha you are done! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
You’ll find that the air fryer leaves your fish moist, yet with a crisp outside. We promise it’ll be addicting. You surely will not be returning your air fryer to the depths of the cabinet anytime soon. Knocking out seafood 2x a week is a breeze with your air fryer.
Should I remove the salmon skin before air frying?
We all know salmon is packed with Omega-3s, and the skin is a source to many of those fatty acids. Cooking salmon with the skin on, will help to prevent the fish from drying out and possibly even burning. It will serve as a protectant and create a nice crispy outer layer. Getting the most vitamins and nutrients from salmon, means leaving the skin on.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer. You do not want the fish to be touching one another; leave space so the hot air can circulate
- Keep in mind that cooking times will vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer as well as the amount of space in the basket. Filets should have an internal temperature of 145º.
- Invest in a kitchen spray bottle. Spraying oil on your fish is easier than drizzling or brushing, and allows you to use less oil overall. Olive oil and avocado oil are our go-tos
- Also grease your air fryer basket with olive oil or avocado oil so your fish lifts easily off
- If you are breading your fish, it’s important to coat it in a particular order:
- An egg wash
- Bread or panko crumbs.
- Then press the bread or panko crumbs into the fish to ensure it sticks, then finish with a light oil spray
If you’d like to try more recipes from Fish Fixe Kitchen, check us out here.