The Shark Tank Sauce
As many of you know, Fish Fixe appeared on Shark Tank on November 12, 2021. While we went into Shark Tank preparing to hook the judges with our seafood delivery service and it’s simplicity, what took center stage (for the aired version of the show) was the dipping sauce for our shrimp. We never could have forecasted that the judges would love Melissa’s sauce so much, and the show’s narrative would highlight that.
Despite the judges being sidetracked by the sauce, Lori Greiner and Kevin O’Leary quickly saw an opportunity to invest in a direct-to-consumer seafood business with two women entrepreneurs at the helm. By show’s end, Lori reeled in the investment deal, and Fish Fixe happily welcomed her into the business.
After the show aired, hundreds of people inquired about the sauce, where the sauce could be purchased, if the sauce was included with the seafood and what the ingredients were. We were blown away. The power of a positive review is real.
So without further adieu, here is the recipe for THE Sauce.
- ½ c ketchup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- ½ tbsp creole mustard
- Black pepper
If you’d like to re-create the entire dish from Shark Tank, simply follow the Poached Shrimp recipe below. Your poached shrimp and dipping sauce will be ready within minutes.
- You will need (2) 6 oz portions of Fish Fixe Shrimp (thawed but still very cold shrimp)
- 32 oz water
- 6 oz. lager beer (not necessary but adds great flavor)
- 1 tsp salt
- Thaw the shrimp according to the package instructions
- Drop cold shrimp into boiling water then turn off heat
- Soak 3-4 minutes. The shrimp should rise to the top and be cooked through (no longer translucent)
- Drop them into an ice bath to stop cooking for a minute or two
- Once they have cooled to the touch, plate them with the dipping sauce and you have a delicious appetizer
Fish Fixe Shrimp is wild-caught from the Gulf Coast and a fan favorite in the Fish Fixe Kitchen. It offers a sweet, superior flavor and firm texture and comes raw peeled and tail on so it can be easily sauteed, grilled, baked or fried with no prep. Our 16/20 Gulf Shrimp have no additives or enhancements – you can taste the difference.
If you’re eager for a full-on shrimp meal, we suggest giving our Shrimp Romesco and Wilted Spinach Pasta a try. You’ll be able to put it together in less than 30 minutes and we promise it will be a keeper.