Bruschetta Halibut with Summer Squash
Fish Fixe Kitchen Original: Serves 2 people // Ready in 20 minutes
A quick and easy bruschetta styled topping takes this simply seared Halibut to another level. This whole dish comes together in less than 20 minutes!
Here is what you will need:
- 2 portions Fish Fixe Halibut
- 1 ½ c cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. capers
- 4 large garlic cloves slivered and chopped
- 1 tbsp. diced red onion
- 2 servings of baby arugula
- 6 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Rinse halibut fillets and pat very dry. Then season with coarse ground sea salt and pepper. Preheat your pan to a medium high heat.
- Make the bruschetta topping. Bring 1 tbsp. Of olive oil to medium heat and add garlic and onion until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add cherry tomatoes, salt and capers and cook until tomatoes begin to wilt in pan. Stir in basil and balsamic and set aside.
- Sear the Fish Fixe Halibut. Add a thin layer of a high temp oil to your pan (we suggest avocado - but you can use olive oil too it just has a lower smoke point). When the pan is hot add the halibut and sear 3-4 minutes per side. The Halibut will flake when it is cooked all the way through.
Serve it up. Spoon the bruschetta mixture over the Halibut and finish with parmesan cheese!