Lobster Infused Dill Cream Sauce over Rigatoni Pasta
Fish Fixe Kitchen Original: Serves 4 people // Ready in 35 minutes
This lobster infused dill cream sauce is a decadent addition to your dinner routine. The sauce can be used over pasta as a full meal or you can use it as an over-the-top topping on fish or beef.
Here is what you will need:
4 tbsp. butter (softened)
4 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. finely minced onion
¼ c. chopped garlic
½ c. pasta water (reserved)
1 tbsp. tomato paste
½ c. white wine
½ c. vegetable broth
1 ½ c. half n half
¼ tsp. white pepper
½ c. parmesan
1-2 tbsp. chopped dill
½ tsp. Salt
1 lb. pasta (rigatoni or penne)
(4) 3.5 oz. portions Fish Fixe Lobster Meat
- Cook the pasta Cook pasta according to package directions and reserve 1 c. of pasta water for sauce.
- Prep the Lobster. Remove lobster meat from package and retain the juices in a separate bowl. Chop the lobster into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare the sauce. In a medium sized pan, saute ½ c. onion and ¼ c. garlic in 3 tbsp. olive oil until fragrant. Stir in butter and once melted add flour and stir until paste forms. Slowly add in ½ c. pasta water, wine and vegetable broth. Stir continuously. Once sauce begins to form stir in tomato paste to thicken and continue to stir constantly.
- Finish the sauce. Stir in 1 ½ cups of warmed half and half, ¼ tsp. White pepper, ½ c. parmesan cheese, 1-2 tbsp. chopped dill. Taste sauce and thicken if needed by adding tomato paste. Slowly add reserved lobster juice and taste for flavor. Season with salt as needed then add lobster meat. Add desired amount of pasta to sauce and stir to incorporate. Garnish with dill and parmesan. Enjoy!